Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday

Well due to the large quantities of water that fell from the sky last night and literally made the roads into rivers, we Could not make it into Repatriot today. So, we all went to Blanchard. There the team that was there yesterday continued to prime and paint. The others did a lot of work very similar to last year...that is...Hauling block up to the second floor so more rooms and walls could be made. It was hard work but fun!



Last night we had our first annual Rook tournament. Here Are the outcomes.

4th place - Tony Blalock and Gail Hicks

3rd place- Jordan Salmon and Jason Palmer

2nd place- Rodney Hicks and Gwen Tilley

1st place- Leon DeOrleans and Julie Hudson



There will another tournament held on FRiday night with more to come in the years to come!



No serious injuries today except for Kara. Her feelIngs were hurt when a 5 year old Haitian girl picked up more block than her! J/K Kara lifts block like a Hoss! ArT did get poked in the arm with a piece of metal and had to get a band-aid on it. Half the team got high off of the paint fumes except for CindY because she cant get high off of anything as short as she is. (Bobby Long said this...I am just typing)



Hope all is well there and that the rain continues to fall...

Are people even reading this thing??

9 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Well, I guess my chances of winning at bowling Saturday night are pretty slim. All that block Kara's lifting will make that bowling ball feel like a golf ball. I forsee a serious losing streak on my side.

Cindy, Bobby's short enough - I think you can take him.

We're enjoying our respite from the rain today. But, more is to come.

Jason - yes, we read these. Do you see our comments?

lynn said...

Hi, I'm Gwen Tilley's sister and I want to thank you very much for creating this blog. I look forward to the posts every day and am always glad to read that everyone is safe and well. I went to visit our mom today and we read the blog together. I pray for your continued safety and success with your mission.

Donnie said...

Jason;
Yes we do read these, everyday. Glad to see everyone's spirits are still high despite all the rain. Also glad, there haven't been any serious injuries (Kara). By the way, do you have a head count on how many will be needing a ride back to the Church on saturday? Do we need the van and the Blazer or just the van? Bella says 'ruff'. Love ya, Mom and Dad

Robin K said...

Don't pick on Cindy! She may be short but she's tough-you should see her do push-ups!!!
Still praying for you guys and YES we do read the blog!

Becky J. said...

A shout out to the back row girls, Gwen and Gail. Make sure you are alternating arms as you are doing all that painting. Bulging biceps on only one of your arms will not be very attractive!
Gwen, Psycho T and the Heels are headed to the Final Four! (Make sure my buddy, Donna, knows that!) Unfortunately the girls lost out to LSU this week.
Seekers, you are missed but from the pics I can tell you are representing us well.
Be safe.

Cindy Baker said...

Thanks for the updates! I know that everyone is working hard and loving every minute of it!! Be safe and behave!! Praying you safely home!

BETTY JOHNSON said...

Hi All, I am Cindy's and Art's
Mother, so be careful when you pick on her about being so short, because I think she got it honest.
Art- you be careful, we love you all and pray for a very successful
mission.
Look forward to your posts everyday.Keep up the good work.

Kevin Blalock said...

Pops,

4th place is weak! I thought you were a rook juggernaut; you better bring your "A" game on Friday or you will never hear the end of it.

Good to see all is going well so far despite some weather. Praying for you guys and have a great rest of the week.

Tricia said...

Dang, Jason you wonder if this being read. You are too funny. It is a bright spot in my day to check on the sight. It is a real blessing to me. I check it when I am at work. I have a few pictures from my trips here at work as a reminder of the blessings we have here and what a bleesing the trips I had were for me. I wish I were there with you all. Give my love to Pastor Leon. You are all missed keep up the good work. Remember you don't know who is watching. You are planting seeds for God's harvest.